The Modern Quilt Guild is hosting a link party for those people going to Quilt Con to offer a way to learn a little bit about each other before we descend on Austin. We are supposed to include a photo along with 5 things you don’t know about me.
So here’s a photo – I wouldn’t be me without my 2 kids, Brian and Tracey and 6 grandkids so of course they are included. And one of just me:)
And now for those details:
1. I have a serious fabric addiction and should probably STOP buying fabric but I can’t seem to help myself.
2. I live in a quasi-duplex (Large house with separate entrances for the two floors) with my daughter, son-in-law and two granddaughters. It is fabulous having daily contact with my 4 year old and 2 year old granddaughters and still having my own space! This time with them is irreplaceable!
3. I am an insurance underwriter by day and a quilter by night and weekend.
4. I grew up in San Luis Obispo, CA and now live in beautiful Santa Barbara, CA – the American Riviera! I feel so lucky!
5. This quilting journey that I started about 3 years ago is actually my second one into the quilting world. The first one was about 30 years ago when my children were small and I took an extended break although I’m not sure why. Working, golfing, traveling, raising kids as a single mom come to mind. Now that I have rediscovered it, the possibilities are endless and it’s going to be a wild ride that I will enjoy every moment of!
See you all at QuiltCon! I’m so excited. I’m linking to the Modern Guild linky party!
Thanks for checking in.